- 3 tbsp. Flora Organic MCT oil
- 1 medium leek, white and light green parts, cleaned
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 bunches dill
- 2 bunches parsley
- 2 bunches cilantro
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. each salt and pepper
Mince the leek and onion, then cook on stovetop in an oven-safe pan in 1 tablespoon Flora Organic MCT oil over medium heat until soft. Remove from heat to cool.
Rinse and dry dill, parsley, and cilantro. Chop herbs with a sharp knife and place in a large bowl.
Preheat the broiler (to HI, if you have the option).
In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, baking powder, turmeric, salt & pepper.
Add egg mixture and cooled onion mixture to herb mixture and combine (including optional add-ins, if using).
Wipe out the now-empty pan (from the onion mixture) and heat 2 tablespoons Flora Organic MCT oil on medium heat. Add the herb and egg mixture, distributing evenly. Cover and cook until egg sets around the edges, 3-5 minutes.
Pop pan under the broiler to cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes, watching always to retain the green color as much as possible.
When the center is set, remove from heat, cut into wedges, and serve.
- ¼ cup walnut halves (extra methylation support)
- 3 tablespoons barberries (provide antioxidant berberine) – find these sour gems at specialty shops or Indian or Middle Eastern grocers