Adding more healthy fats into your diet triggers the release of new fresh bile from the liver. This helps your body to flush old, stagnant bile and any fat-soluble toxins trapped with it! Cilantro and parsley are traditionally used to help remove heavy metals. Together this is one amazing sauce! Do not omit the salt – in winter it is important to combine greens with salt to keep the right electrolyte balance in the body.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup packed parsley and cilantro leaves (combined)
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup fresh pistachios or walnuts
- 1-2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 cup Udo’s Oil US/CA
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional; 1 tsp. spirulina powder
- Pulse all ingredients except nuts and water in a food processor until incorporated.
- Add nuts and pulse until smooth.
- To serve as a dip, drizzle in a little water until you reach the right consistency.
- To serve as a sauce, add about ¼ cup of water. Add up to 3/4 cup water total to thin for use as a dressing or marinade.
Adapted from Pinch of yum.
Holistic Nutritionist, Dana Green Remedios, RHN, RNCP has a passion for helping others break through their blocks to greater health, wealth, and happiness, working with transformational mind-body tools. The Vancouver-based educator and coach answers your questions in English, French, and Spanish as a Specialist working in the Product Information Department at Flora, and is a regular contributor to the FloraHealthy blog.