Recipe & photo courtesy of Dr. Tara Sunshine
Ingredients for 4 servings:
1 can (1.5 cups) organic full-fat coconut milk
1 cup coconut or other milk-based kefir
1/4 cup vanilla protein powder or collagen peptides (omit for vegan variation)
4 scoops Flora Elderberry Crystals
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
monkfruit sweetener, pure stevia, or sweetener of choice, adjusted to taste (optional)
1/2 cup white chia seeds
toppings (optional): fresh berries, grain-free granola, toasted coconut chips, nuts/seeds, bee pollen, etc.
- Combine coconut milk, kefir, protein or collagen powder, elderberry crystals, and vanilla into a bowl or blender container with whisk or blend on high until well-mixed. Sweeten to taste.
- Add chia seeds and whisk or pulse-blend until just combined.
- Pour into a bowl or single-serving mason jars and cover or seal tightly.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, then whisk or shake well and put in fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, stir in additional non-dairy milk as needed for desired consistency and add your choice of toppings.
Elderberry Chia Protein Pudding can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.