Looking for something delectable to wow your co-workers at the office holiday party? A quick appy to whip up for that potluck you forgot about? Or a healthy treat to fuel you through holiday shopping, gift wrapping, and beyond? This holiday recipe fits the bill, healthfully, whatever the occasion. Go BEYOND BARS: No-bake. Full of fiber. Promote good sleep and immunity. Provide plenty of protein and greens!
Ingredients2 cups quick oats
100 g dried tart Montmorency cherries
¼ cup toasted salted pumpkin seeds
5 scoops Green Blend(US)/Beyond Greens(CA) powder
100 g chocolate protein powder (we used a vegan one)
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. sea salt
¾ cup almond milk (we used unsweetened)
¾ cup nut butter (we used almond)
½ tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup semi sweet chocolate
- In a large bowl whisk to mix Green Blend/Beyond Greens, protein powder, cinnamon, and salt. Separately, mix almond butter with almond milk and vanilla.
- Combine the mixtures, stirring with a spoon until smooth.
- Pulse oats, cherries, and pumpkin seeds in a food processor until fine.
- Add oat mixture to bowl and mix very well with spoon or hands.
- Use spoon to pack the mixture into 2 square 9x9 pans, and flatten.
- Microwave chocolate in glass for 30 seconds. Remove, stir, and melt 30 seconds more.
- Spread across the top of the bars.
- Chill in the fridge before cutting into 16 rectangular bars.