Manuka Honey + Mint + Lime Ice-Pops
- 6 tablespoons Flora Health Manuka Honey
- 1/2 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed (about 5 limes)
- 3 1/4 cups filtered water (room temperature)
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- thin lime slices (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Pour into your popsicle mold. insert popsicle sticks and place in the freezer for 5 hours or until frozen through.
- To release the ice-pops firmly push up on the bottom to release.
Hand Mixing Method
- Take 1/4 cup of the filtered water, and warm in the microwave in a small bowl for 30 seconds. It should not be hot, just gently warmed. Add the Manuka honey, and whisk the honey into the water until completely dissolved. Add the honey-water mixture to a large bowl or pitcher with the lime juice, chopped mint and the remaining 3 cups of the water.
- Add the honey-water mixture to a large bowl or pitcher with the lime juice, remaining 3 cups of the water and minced mint leaves. Mix well and then pour into the popsicle mold. Insert the popsicle sticks and then freeze for 5 hours or until set.
Note: If you would like a slice of lime showing through your ice pops there’s a trick to getting the slices to stay in the middle of your popsicles. First, fill the popsicle molds about 1/3 of the way full and place in the freezer without the sticks. Allow to freeze for about 1 hour. You want a slushy texture the lime can suspend in within the mold. You might have to break up the ice a little with a knife to achieve this. Now you can insert the lime slice, fill the molds to the top with the remaining mixture. Insert your sticks and place back in the freezer for 5 hours or until completely frozen.