Balsamic Portobello Steak Infusion
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Garlic cloves, smashed (as desired, optional)
- Herb sprigs (desired varieties, optional)
- ¼ cup Udo’s Oil
- 2 Tbsp soy or tamari (we used liquid aminos)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat barbecue or oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean or trim mushrooms as needed. Massage ¼ tsp of olive oil onto each mushroom.
- Place mushrooms on a rimmed tray, gills up. Add smashed garlic cloves and herb sprigs to the pan, if desired. Roast for 12-14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all infusion ingredients until combined.
- Spoon the infusion over the mushrooms and into their gills. Let sit to soak up the flavor and top with salt and pepper.
- Roast herbs and garlic alongside the mushrooms.
- To serve as vegan burger patties for 4, tuck the mushroom caps in between toasted buns. Serve with salad.
- For a clean vegan keto meal option, serve on a bed of greens topped with fresh avocado salsa to serve 2 (depending on your appetite).
- For 2 hungry folks on an omnivorous keto diet, you can treat them as burger buns and stuff them with wild or grass-fed meat patties.
- We went all out and made a cream sauce for topping:
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp Udo’s Oil
- 3 Tbsp chopped sage leaves