Spring has sprung and summer travel plans are calling.
The open road beckons. Exotic destinations, new experiences, new foods, new…digestive challenges?
Don’t let digestive issues cramp your style just when you’re getting into the flow of being on the road. Just slip one of our shelf-stable probiotic formulas into your daypack and let them work their magic. Probiotics and their packaging have come a long way in terms of potency and temperature stability, so there’s no need to pack along your own portable refrigeration unit.
Probiotics are microscopic workhorses for your whole digestive tract.
- Support digestive and immune health*
- Promote regularity*
- Discourage overgrowth of bad bacteria, yeast, and other micro-organisms*
- Support the health of the intestinal lining*
- Support healthy cholesterol levels by breaking down and excreting bile acids*
- Bifidobacteria can help to synthesize B vitamins in the gut*
Our line of shelf-stable probiotics includes:
- Complete Care (US/CA): Multi-purpose, daily support for a healthy digestive and immune system*
- Travel Care (US/CA): Clinically proven to reduce the risk of traveler’s diarrhea and supports gastrointestinal health*
- Women’s Care (US/CA): Specifically formulated to support the digestive and vaginal health of women*
- Pregnancy Care (US/CA): Clinically proven for post C-section women to prevent side effects from antibiotic therapy and promote a favorable gut and vaginal microbiota*
Our probiotic strains are chosen because they are:
- Human-adapted – they like us, they’ll stick around a while instead of just passing on through),
- Bile and gastric acid-resistant – no enteric coating required.
We test for and guarantee a minimum potency at both manufacture and time of expiry.
We don’t use any gimmicky pinch of prebiotic powder in our formulas. The best prebiotics to encourage probiotic growth are likely already in your diet: fiber; seaweeds; fruits and vegetables like bananas, avocados, artichoke and asparagus; and starchy, tuberous vegetables like yams and cassava are best. But anything with fiber and starch works!
I’m sure you’re wondering what technological manufacturing wizardry allows them to exist in your back pocket and not the refrigerator—what makes them shelf-stable?
- Higher overage – an excess or surplus of probiotics in order to guarantee label-claimed amounts at expiry
- The strain combination of the formula – they get along with each other
- The excipient system – more “non-medicinal” ingredients that support stability and potency
- An extra drying step when they are made – probiotics and moisture don’t mix well outside of the body
These little marvels have a two-year shelf life and come in convenient, light-weight blister packs ideal for travel.
The packaging also provides perfect protection from the world outside—air, moisture, light, etc.—until they are ready to start their journey and wake up from their dormant state for what’s really an ancient symbiotic relationship.
Probiotics are living things. There are actually more bacterial cells in us than human cells! Put the good ones to work for you. We could all use a little replenishment from time to time, especially when you are traveling and want all your systems in top shape. Whether you’re packing your bags for a road trip, a cruise, an all-inclusive vacation, or even a hospital stay, there is a formula that will support you.
Robert Dadd is a Master Herbalist (Dominion Herbal College) with a BA in Communications from Simon Fraser University. His areas of research include adaptogens, probiotics, and essential fatty acids. He is currently the Product Information Supervisor for Flora Manufacturing and Distributing.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.