Recipe and image courtesy of Lindsay Young, @eatyoungnutrition
1 1/2 cups raw hazelnuts
50 g dark chocolate (for vegan, use dairy-free chocolate)
1/2 cup Udo’s Oil 3+6+9 Blend
2/3 cup full-fat coconut milk + more if necessary
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Roast hazelnuts by preheating an oven to 350 F and roasting on a baking tray for 10 minutes.
- Remove skins from the roasted hazelnuts. This can be done easily by rubbing the newly roasted hazelnuts between two sides of a dry towel vigorously.
- Add hazelnuts to a high-speed blender and blend until it resembles a coarse flour.
- Next, fill a small saucepan filled 1/3 with water and bring to a rolling boil. Add dark chocolate, coconut milk, maple syrup and salt to a glass bowl and set it over top of the saucepan. Mix often while the mixture melts.
- Remove from heat when the chocolate mixture is creamy and well combined. Add Udo’s oil to the blender over the hazelnuts, followed by the chocolate mixture. Blend on high, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add more coconut milk if the mixture isn’t creamy enough and blend more.
Serve immediately and keep refrigerated after use. Keeps for one month refrigerated.