In this mask recipe, mānuka honey is paired with the free-radical-fighting and antioxidant-rich matcha tea powder, the calming and cleansing qualities of oatmeal and the soothing power of aloe for a combination that can refresh and revitalize aging and/or dry skin.
For more information on how manuka honey benefits the skin, see our first post in the series.
Mānuka Honey + Matcha + Aloe+ Oatmeal Mask
- 1 tbsp. Flora Mānuka Honey MGO 250+/10+ UMF or higher
- 1 tsp. matcha powder
- 1 tsp. oats
- ¼ inch sliver of fresh aloe, scraped and mashed or ½ tsp. aloe vera gel (optional)
- In a blender, grind oats into a fine powder.
- Combine mānuka honey, matcha, fine ground oatmeal and aloe in a small dish, and stir to make a thick paste. Add a bit more matcha or ground oatmeal if the mixture is too wet. If it is too dry, add a little more mānuka honey.
- Apply the mask to the skin with your fingers or a mask applicator. Allow the mask to sit for at least 15-30 minutes. Rinse well and repeat 2 to 3 times per week.
Three more face mask recipes are coming over the next few weeks. Stay tuned!
Article, recipe, and photos courtesy of BETTER LIVING. Visit OnBetterLiving.com for more helpful lifestyle & DIY tips.