Cheesecakes, ice cream, cupcakes - I can't name just one because these little bites of deliciousness can be named all three! With a creamy filling + a crunchy base, they're jam-packed with healthy fats + immune-boosting properties thanks to elderberry crystals!
- For the Crust:
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs (gives it that extra crunch)
- pinch of sea salt
- For the Filling:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked (4+ hrs)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup berries (I used blueberry)
- 2 scoops elderberry crystals
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 tsp nutritional yeast (optional, but gives a subtle “cheesy” flavour)
- First, prepare the crust. In a food processor, add all ingredients + process until cashews are finely chopped.
- Press the crust into silicone moulds + set in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- To prepare the filling, add all ingredients (except berries) to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth + creamy. For layers – set aside half the mixture + blend the other half with berries.
- Remove the crust from the freezer + spread your first layer. Lightly drop the pan repeatedly onto the counter for 30-60 seconds, to remove any bubbles. Place in the freezer for 10 mins + then do your second berry layer. Once done layering, place in the freezer to solidify + ENJOY!
Michelle Garland @plentyfullme is a Certified Nutritional Practitioner who graduated with First Class Honours from the Institute of Holistic Nutrition in Vancouver, BC