If you like the yeasty bread smell and lightness of a traditional bread dough crust and would prefer to take the time, feel free to follow step one. If not, skip to step two!
This crust can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days until ready to use. If you would like to freeze it, do so after step 7, and freeze flat.
- 3 cups Flora Flax Meal (CA) or Flora Organic Brown Flax (US), ground
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried herbs (pizza seasoning, Italian seasoning, or oregano and/or basil)
- 1 cup water
- 6 Tbsp of oil (Flora Sacha Inchi Oil, Flora Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or avocado oil)
- 4 large eggs, whisked lightly
- 3-6 tbsp raw sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or a mix
- Optional: Up to 3½ cup parmesan cheese
- Optional: 1 packet traditional dry yeast + 1 tbsp. honey
- Optional: Proof 1 packet of traditional dry yeast in lukewarm water and add 1 tsbp. honey. After 5 minutes, add yeast mixture to bowl with the eggs and oil. After the dough is blended together in step 4, give it time to rise in a warm, draft-free spot. Continue as normal.
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- In a medium bowl, blend flax meal, salt, garlic powder, baking powder, and herbs.
- Add water, oil, and eggs, and mix very well. Let sit for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add seeds (and cheese, if using) and stir.
- Press dough out to desired thickness on a large piece of oiled parchment paper. With oiled fingers, form a rim and shallow indentations in the crust to hold sauce.
- Place on a pizza pan and bake for 12 to 16 minutes until cooked.
- Remove, top as desired, and cook until done.