There’s nothing like brightening up your weekend morning with a food that’s as Instagram-worthy as it is tasty. Even better when it’s healthy! These pink pancakes, colored with antioxidant and vitamin-packed Salus Red Beet Crystals, are just what your Saturday morning was looking for. Plus, they’re a fan favorite for the little ones.
Want to bring it up a notch? Mix 1 scoop Red Beet Crystals into ¾ cup maple syrup for a dark magenta syrup to top off the whole pink party.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 2 scoops Red Beet Crystals
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries for topping (optional)
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- 1 scoop Salus Red Beet Crystals
- ¾ cup maple syrup
Serves 2 (6-8 pancakes)
- Heat a lightly buttered pan to medium heat.
- Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add 2 scoops Red Beet Crystals to soy milk and mix until dissolved.
- Add vegetable oil to liquid mixture and combine with dry mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Spoon one pancakes’ worth of the mixture into the pan.
- Carefully flip pancake when bubbles form in the middle of the pancake, or if the edges become stiffened or dark.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- For syrup, mix 1 scoop Red Beet Crystals with maple syrup.
- Top with powdered sugar and fruit (optional). Enjoy with red beet syrup!