SURPRISINGLY, VEGGIE BURGERS AREN’T ALWAYS THE HEALTHIEST OF BURGERS.From filler carbs to highly processed meat alternatives, veggies burgers don’t always fulfill the healthful promise they make and can often be just as unhealthy as their meaty counterparts. Put unhealthy veggie burgers in the past and make your burger truly green with the incorporation of Flora’s Green Blend (US)/Beyond Greens (CA) blend of fermented greens and grasses. Packed with serving after serving of your daily veggie requirement and natural probiotic, these fermented greens-infused patties are the healthy and addictively delicious veggie burger you can feel good about feasting on the next time that burger craving hits you. <77>
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: ELLIE BULLEN @ELSAS_WHOLESOMELIFE
ELLIE IS A 24 YEAR OLD NUTRITIONIST AND DIETITIAN FROM AUSTRALIA. SHE FOLLOWS A PLANT-BASED, WHOLE-FOOD DIET AND SHARES COLORFUL, HEALTHY FOOD RECIPES TO INSPIRE ALL TO EAT MORE PLANTS! SHE BELIEVES WE ALL NEED TO EAT MORE FROM THE EARTH AND LESS FROM A BOX AND THAT PREVENTION IS THE BEST MEDICINE, AND A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE IS THE BEST INVESTMENT YOU CAN POSSIBLY MAKE.
3-4 tbsp. Flora Green Blend
2 cups frozen green peas, defrosted
1 onion, diced
3 potatoes (500 g), cut into cubes
1/2 cup hemp seeds
1 tsp. salt and pepper
1 cup kale, finely diced
1/4 cup dill, chopped
1 tbsp. coconut aminos (or tamari/soy)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil the diced potatoes until soft, drain and transfer to mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Heat a fry pan to medium heat, add a teaspoon of olive oil. Fry onion until golden and translucent.
- Add onions, green peas, Green Blend powder, kale, dill, salt and pepper and coconut aminos to the mixing bowl. Stir and mash all ingredients together to form a veggie pattie dough.
- Place the hemp seeds in a shallow bowl.
- Form mixture into 8 balls, rolling each in hemp seeds.
- Place on a lined baking tray and press into 1.5-2 cm thick patties.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve patties on burger buns with salad, hummus, guacamole and caramelized onions or on top of a salad.