Strawberry Pecan Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Salad Ingredients
- baby spinach or greens of choice
- fresh strawberries sliced (2-3 per person)
- sliced red onion
- feta we used plant-based
- Strawberry Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon shallot minced (OPTIONAL)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 cup Udo's Oil 3-6-9 Blend
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preparing the dressing: Place all the dressing ingredients in the blender or a mini food processor and process until smooth. Set aside or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Plating the Salad: Divide greens between the bowls. Top with fresh sliced strawberries, pecans, and feta. Serve with the Strawberry Vinaigrette on the side.
The dressing can be made ahead of time and enjoyed for up to 5 days.
Apple cider or Champagne vinegar can be used in place of red wine.
To intensify the flavor of the nuts, lightly toast the pecans. Simply spread the nuts out evenly in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Watch them closely so they don’t burn. Cool before adding to your salad.