4 large portobello mushrooms
1 tsp olive oil
Garlic cloves, smashed (as desired, optional)
Herb sprigs (desired varieties, optional)
¼ cup Udo’s Oil
2 Tbsp soy or tamari (we used liquid aminos)
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
3 tsp garlic
2 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat barbecue or oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean or trim mushrooms as needed. Massage ¼ tsp of olive oil onto each mushroom.
- Place mushrooms on a rimmed tray, gills up. Add smashed garlic cloves and herb sprigs to the pan, if desired. Roast for 12-14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all infusion ingredients until combined.
- Spoon the infusion over the mushrooms and into their gills. Let sit to soak up the flavor and top with salt and pepper.
Roast herbs and garlic alongside the mushrooms.
To serve as vegan burger patties for 4, tuck the mushroom caps in between toasted buns. Serve with salad.
For a clean vegan keto meal option, serve on a bed of greens topped with fresh avocado salsa to serve 2 (depending on your appetite).
For 2 hungry folks on an omnivorous keto diet, you can treat them as burger buns and stuff them with wild or grass-fed meat patties.
We went all out and made a cream sauce for topping:
¼ cup sour cream
2 Tbsp Udo’s Oil
3 Tbsp chopped sage leaves