Bring good nutrition and a healthy dose of Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) to the table with Flora Sunflower Oil. EFAs are needed by our bodies, but the body cannot make them on its own— they must be obtained from dietary sources. Omega-6 and Flora Sunflower Oil contains 9 g of omegas, including omega-9, per serving. On top of its health benefits, it brings a delicate flavor to everything from salad dressings to mayonnaise, stir-fried vegetables, and baking.
- Nitrogen-flushed and packed in light-resistant, dark glass bottles to maintain peak nutritional value
- Cold-pressed and unrefined
- Kosher + Non-GMO + Organic + Vegan
Smoke Point: 225º
When oil begins to smoke it starts to breakdown, the process is called thermal oxidation. The smoke indicates that carcinogens are being released into the air and free radicals are forming in the oil. Oil that begins to smoke should ideally be discarded and replaced with fresh oil for optimal health and taste. Beware of highly processed supermarket oils. They are made with a long shelf life in mind, rather than considerations of dietary health.
Know your fats!
- Polyunsaturated Fats: These fats include omega-3 and omega-6 EFAs. Every cell, tissue, gland, and organ is dependent upon the presence of EFAs. They are the main structural components of every cell membrane, are necessary for cell growth and division, and regulate cell activities.
- Monounsaturated Fats: The Mediterranean diet has long been known for its healthful benefits. Cardiovascular health and cholesterol regulation are often attributed to monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acids.
- Saturated Fats: Do you know the difference between long-, short-, and medium-chain fatty acids? Long-chain fatty acids from animals are often harmful because they can cause arteries to become clogged. Short-chain and medium-chain fatty acids, which come from plant oils, support good health and are used for energy by our bodies.
- Trans Fats: Consumption of trans-fatty acids should be avoided. They are created by a chemical process called hydrogenation. Through this process, fats are created that are more shelf stable. However, it is nearly impossible for our bodies to digest them. Read labels carefully and avoid products with an ingredient lists that include hydrogenated vegetable oils or hydrogenated fats.
Be the first to leave a review.
This review has no replies yet.