Looking for a new way to add some distinctive flavor, as well as a healthful boost, to your next salad or pasta dish? Flora Pumpkin Seed Oil brings a characteristic nutty flavor to the table, while Flora’s unique method of cold pressing helps retain the original rich flavor. On top of providing omega-6s and -9s, the dark color of the natural, unrefined oil signifies a high content of chlorophyll.
- Pressed in Flora’s state-of-the art oxygen-free and light-free environment
- Produced in small batches, unrefined and nitrogen-flushed to preserve freshness
- Kosher + Non-GMO + Organic + Vegan
Smoke Point: 225º
When oil begins to smoke it starts to breakdown, the process is called thermal oxidation. The smoke indicates that carcinogens are being released into the air and free radicals are forming in the oil. Oil that begins to smoke should ideally be discarded and replaced with fresh oil for optimal health and taste. Beware of highly processed supermarket oils. They are made with a long shelf life in mind, rather than considerations of dietary health.
Know your fats!
- Polyunsaturated Fats: These fats include omega-3 and omega-6 EFAs. Every cell, tissue, gland, and organ is dependent upon the presence of EFAs. They are the main structural components of every cell membrane, are necessary for cell growth and division, and regulate cell activities.
- Monounsaturated Fats: The Mediterranean diet has long been known for its healthful benefits. Cardiovascular health and cholesterol regulation are often attributed to monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acids.
- Saturated Fats: Do you know the difference between long-, short-, and medium-chain fatty acids? Long-chain fatty acids from animals are often harmful because they can cause arteries to become clogged. Short-chain and medium-chain fatty acids, which come from plant oils, support good health and are used for energy by our bodies.
- Trans Fats: Consumption of trans-fatty acids should be avoided. They are created by a chemical process called hydrogenation. Through this process, fats are created that are more shelf stable. However, it is nearly impossible for our bodies to digest them. Read labels carefully and avoid products with an ingredient lists that include hydrogenated vegetable oils or hydrogenated fats.
Be the first to leave a review.
This review has no replies yet.