When you don’t have time to get a real tree so you just put one on your toast. Adeline Waugh (@vibrantandpure) made this festive minty toast using GF bread, thick coconut yogurt mixed with Flora Red Beet Crystals (US/CA) for that pop of pink (works the same as fresh beet juice & makes life much easier) + a drop of peppermint extract, topped with a mint leaf tree + banana star ⭐️.
How to make this vibrant holiday toast featuring a mint tree topped with a banana star.
Christmas Tree Mint Toast by Adeline Waugh Using Flora Beet Crystals
- 1 piece of bread
- 1 tablespoon thick coconut yogurt (or yogurt of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon Flora Beet Crystals
- 1 drop of peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 mint leaf (for decoration, can add more when eating)
- 1 banana (for creating star, optional)
- hemp seeds (optional)
- Toast a piece of bread, then set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, beet crystals, honey, and peppermint extract until you have a uniform mixture that should look like a bright pink yogurt.
- **Optional** cut a mint leaf into the shape of a christmas tree. Then, either cutting it yourself or using a small star cookie cutter, make a star out of banana.
- Spread the pink yogurt mixture on your toast and then top with the mint tree and banana star. Next, sprinkle with hemp seeds if you'd like, not only are they protein packed and delicious, but they somewhat resemble falling snow!