That peanut butter and jelly flavor… in brownie form. Totally refined-sugar-free and high in both fiber and protein with the added benefit of Elderberry Crystals. Don’t wait for your birthday to make this. Half birthday, quarter birthday, Tuesday… all great occasions to make this skillet!
Ingredients1 cup cooked or canned black beans, rinsed & drained
1/2 cup pitted medjool dates soaked in 1/4 cup hot water
1 tbsp chia seeds in 3 tbsp cold water
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp Flora Elderberry Crystals
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup almond coconut or flour
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
Toppings2 scoops ice cream of choice
1 tbsp chopped walnuts
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 tsp large flake sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Use about 2 tsp coconut oil to grease a cast iron skillet and set aside.
- Begin by allowing the chia seeds to soak in cool/ room temperature water and the dates to soak in hot water. Set aside.
- In a high-speed blender, add black beans, cacao, coconut oil, elderberry crystals, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt. When chia seeds have gelled up, add them as well. After about 5 minutes of the dates soaking, use a fork to mash them up. Most of the water should be absorbed. Add the dates to the blender, and blend until creamy.
- Transfer brownie batter to a large bowl, then add almond flour and walnuts. Mix thoroughly.
- Add half the mixture to the skillet, then stir in peanut butter. Add remaining batter and smooth out.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then let cool for about 5 minutes. Add desired toppings and dig in while it’s still warm!