Homemade Elderberry Syrup
Recipe and image courtesy of Lindsay Young, @eatyoungnutrition
- 1 + 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Flora Elderberry Crystals
- 4 one-inch knobs of ginger (just torn from ginger root)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup Flora Mānuka Honey or raw honey
- Optional: 2 tbsp Flora Acerola Powder
- Bring water, Elderberry Crystals, ginger, and cinnamon to boil in a pot. Let it boil for 30 seconds or so, then cover and reduce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let this sit, uncovered, for one hour.
- Scoop out cinnamon sticks and ginger. When completely cool, stir in honey (optional: stir in Acerola Powder now).
- Pour into a sterilized glass jar, seal, and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. Alternatively, pour into an ice cube tray and freeze, giving you elderberry syrup ice cubes you can pour hot water over for a quick cold remedy.