Christmas Tree Mint Toast by Adeline Waugh
1 piece of bread
1 tbps. thick coconut yogurt (or yogurt of your choice)
1/2 tsp. Red Beet Crystals
1 drop of peppermint extract
1/2 tsp. honey or maple syrup (optional)
1 mint leaf (for decoration, can add more when eating)
1 banana (for creating star, optional)
hemp seeds (optional)
- Toast a piece of bread, then set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, beet crystals, honey, and peppermint extract until you have a uniform mixture that should look like bright pink yogurt.
- Optional: cut a mint leaf into the shape of a Christmas tree. Then either cutting freehand or using a small star cookie cutter, make a star out of banana.
- Spread the pink yogurt mixture on your toast, then top with the mint tree and banana star.
- Next, sprinkle with hemp seeds if you’d like. Not only are they protein-packed and delicious, but they somewhat resemble falling snow!