The responsibility of the Shipping Clerk is to fill customer orders and prepare them for delivery to their destination in a manner that meets company standards. Duties include but are not limited to picking, packing, quality control, invoicing and general housekeeping.
- Identify and verify product location, quantity, unit of measure and physical description
- Pick products from item locations into boxes/totes on a rolling cart
- Check all orders for quality, quantity and accuracy
- Pack orders/items into properly sized cartons in an efficient manner
- Ice pack orders when necessary
- Run the orders on the FedEx Ship Manager and Endica
- Invoice orders verifying the lot numbers and quantities
- Print invoices and packing slips
- Match invoices and packing slips to boxes and tape closed
- Place boxes on appropriate pallets and wrap when complete
- Accurately record time and job functions using the Activity Log
- Abide by all company policies and procedures including but not limited to the Standard Operating Procedures binder
- Meet minimum performance and accuracy expectations according to set policies and procedures
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance
- Experience in a multi-flow production environment preferred
- Average reading ability to read pick tickets and identify lot numbers
- Basic counting and mathematical skills to pick the correct quantity
- Ability to communicate and understand English in written and verbal form
- Ability to respond with flexibility to changing work demands
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team environment
- Ability to work with technology and follow step-by-step procedures
- Adaptable to a flexible schedule
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Training and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, and individual should have basic computer experience, keyboard knowledge and 10-key experience. Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret general reports or instructions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various internal and external groups. Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- May be necessary to work required extra hours based on business needs, including weekends
- May be required to perform any of the above functions at any of the company locations
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, squat, bend and stand, use hands to type, push, pull or handle and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift, push pull, and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to reach heights up to 6 feet, work in elevated work areas on ladders, and lift and place product, totes, and boxes onto a conveyor belt and push totes/boxes along conveyor. The employee must be able to frequently work in a refrigerated environment.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use critical thinking, data analysis and mathematical skills. The employee is also required to use interpersonal skills.
- Problem resolution
- Intermediate Computer Skills a must- knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Paid Vacation, Personal Days, Holidays
401k Plan Participation – upon completion of 1,000 work hours
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectation to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.