Quality Control & Assurance Technician
Reporting to the QA/QC Supervisor the Quality Control & Assurance Technician is responsible for the administration of QC functions as they relate to product sampling and inspection of raw materials, packaging materials, finished goods, and in-process goods to achieve customer product specifications, as well as results analysis, documentation and general administrative duties. In addition, this position will carry the added responsibility of assisting in limited QA functions as they relate to batch production review, pest control, consumer complaints, initial GMP training, SOP review and updates, and Department of Agriculture tonnage and registration compliance.
Quality Control (60%)
- Product Sampling:
- Sample, inspect and prepare raw materials, packaging materials, finished goods and in- process materials for in-house and third-party laboratory testing.
- In-House Laboratory: chemical lab and/or micro lab
- Prepare samples and perform PV, gluten, FFA, LOD, aflatoxin and water testing.
- Prepare samples and perform Plate, Yeast and mold and pathogen testing.
- Document and retain in good order all information relating to manufacturing
- Maintain shared logs for: chemical and micro testing TAT, product storage conditions, pre-shipment samples.
- Prepare COAs, material reviews, rejection reports
- Release, quarantine and reject material based on product specifications and test results.
- QC functions in ERP system: release, quarantine, reject lots. Update lot information.
- SOPs: know and enforce standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- cGMPs: know and enforce current Good Manufacturing Procedures for dietary supplements and food.
- Communication between departments:
- Production: review and approve all production runs considering: proper documentation, hygiene, material status
- Warehouse: store and retrieve lots for release, quarantine, rejection. Advise proper storage for: Organic, Kosher, Allergens. Advise proper storage based on product specifications.
- Production Scheduling: TAT of samples under testing.
- Purchasing: COAs, test results.
- Identify, advise and assist in resolving issues related to Quality Control in any phase of the manufacturing process.
- Product Sampling:
Quality Assurance (40%)
- Train new and temporary employees on basic cGMPs
- Prepare, maintain and approve new and temporary employee training packets.
- Enforce cGMPs throughout the facility. Identify, advise and assist in the resolution of cGMP related issues.
- Review, approve reject batch production records; approve or reject BPRs in ERP.
- Initiate/Assist: CAPA, deviations, material reviews and change controls
- Assist in customer complaint investigation
- SOP reviews and updates
- Assist in maintaining Pest Control Program
- Post-Secondary education in Food Science or food related field of study
- Between 1 to 2 years of experience in the QA/QC environment along with lab testing experience
- Knowledge of the natural health products industry is an asset
- Experience in Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certified environment is preferred
May require working occasional overtime-flexibility of schedule as needed with short notice. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit at a computer, walk, reach overhead, stand, bend, and stoop throughout the workday. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills required: MS Windows, Excel, Word and email
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Life & Disability insurance
Paid Vacation, Personal Days, Holidays
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.