Maintenance Mechanic – 2nd Shift
Under the general supervision of the designated supervisor, perform general and preventative maintenance services and related repairs to production machinery and equipment, ensuring successful maintenance and repair of plant machinery and supporting special projects within the facility.
- Perform assigned general maintenance duties required to maintain and repair machinery and equipment, involving some skill in plumbing, painting and/or electrical or mechanical trades
- Assist the Production Team with pre-run setup of production lines as needed
- Support the Production Team with the in-process adjustments and fine tuning of production lines as needed
- Assure that jobs specified on maintenance requests and work orders are completed satisfactorily
- Perform moderately complex physically demanding semi-skilled maintenance and repair tasks, requiring use and working knowledge of specialized tools, equipment, and/or materials
- Refer work requiring more specialized or skilled crafts to appropriate trades supervisor and follow-up to completion
- Dispose of waste and hazardous materials in accordance with prescribed safety policies and environmental procedures; maintain cleanliness and efficiency of work environment and maintenance tools and equipment
- Adjust mechanical equipment and perform preventative and routine corrective maintenance; maintain inventory of materials
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by following current good manufacturing practices (GMP), and standard operating procedures
- Respond to emergency production situations in order to confine, resolve, or prevent injurious or otherwise hazardous conditions i.e. broken equipment, plumbing problems, broken glass etc.
- Operate various equipment and transportation vehicles following appropriate in-house training and with heightened awareness of driving conditions and surroundings, and observance of established safety precautions and driving procedures, e.g. forklift, trucks
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and calling for repairs
- Communicate with machinery maintenance personnel of other shifts, supervisor and Production Manager to ensure all work-in-progress completed efficiently and effectively and any pending responsibilities/work items are known
- Update job knowledge by participating in cross training opportunities.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3-5 years of manufacturing maintenance or related experience
- Experience working on various types of equipment: electrical, hydraulic, plumbing, arc/tig, welding, HVAC, air compressors, boilers, PLCS.
- Formal education in a related field preferred
- Food/dietary supplement manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience with quality control and performance goals
- Experience working in a fast-paced working environment
- Dependable with a good attendance record
- Able to work well with others and independently, with or without supervision
- Able to follow direction
- Knowledge of food grade equipment preferred
May require working occasional overtime-flexibility of schedule as needed with short notice. Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Ability to work in a refrigerated environment
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, reach overhead, bend, and stoop throughout the workday. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Effective communication with others through the written word, as well as, verbally
- Basic math skills; able to add, subtract, and divide
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Life & Disability insurance
Paid Vacation, Personal Days, Holidays
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectation to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.