Recipe and image courtesy of Lindsay Young, @eatyoungnutrition
- 8-9 oz baby tomatoes
- 1 small purple onion
- 1 whole roasted red pepper (canned)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 chili pepper
- 2 tbsp Udo’s Oil 3+6+9 Blend
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 ½ tbsp mānuka honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp juice of peppers
- Use the side of a knife to crush garlic cloves. Peel and set aside. Roughly chop onion, tomatoes, chili pepper and roasted red pepper. Throw them in a food processor with garlic and Udo’s Oil. Pulse to blend coarsely.
- Add mānuka honey, lemon juice, salt, pepper and the juice of canned peppers. Pulse again to desired texture. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Stir in chopped fresh basil and serve with optional garnishes and tortilla chips.
Lindsay Young @eatyoungnutrition is a nutritionist and lover of food from around the world. She’s passionate about making healthy, home cooked food accessible and approachable for everyone. She hosts workshops in her home town, Kelowna, sees clients and works as a recipe developer and food photographer.