Thai Green Vegetable Curry with Spirulina
- Green curry is meant to be thin and soupy and is nice served with rice/cauliflower rice.
- This easy, cleanse-friendly dish is not authentic – feel free to adapt it to your palate, make it 100% raw, or change amounts and ingredients. Sensitive tummies may need to omit chili and cook the veggies more thoroughly than suggested.
- Thai curries use sugar. If you miss the sweetness, use coconut sugar or blend in two fresh dates.
- If you are vegan, omit fish sauce and be sure to buy shrimp-free green curry paste.
- 1 tbsp Oil (olive, coconut)
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 1 tbsp each Fresh Garlic and Ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 1 1/2 cup (divided) Broth
- 6 cups total Veggies! Your choice, cut in a variety of bite-sized shapes: Try broccoli, eggplant, snow peas, peppers, celery, bean sprout, asparagus, squash, spinach, carrot…
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1-2 cups Chickpeas, drained, and/or firm organic tofu, cubed
- 4 tbsp Prepared Thai Green Curry Paste
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp VieSun Organic Spirulina Powder
- 1 Tbsp Lime juice
- ¼ Red (bird’s eye) chili, carefully seeded and very finely minced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Thai basil, in chiffonade and/or Fresh cilantro, minced
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, cook the onion for 2 minutes in some oil.
- Add garlic & ginger and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add ½ cup broth and firm items such as chickpeas, squash or broccoli or flavor sponges like eggplant and tofu. Salt them lightly and cook for about 2 minutes until they change color and are imparted with flavor.
- In a small bowl, whisk together additional broth, coconut milk, curry paste and spirulina. Dissolve paste and powder completely. Taste sauce. Adjust with salt (you could also use soy or fish sauce), lime juice and red chili to taste. Add liquid mixture to pan.
- When firmest veggies are tender-crisp, stir in softer items, like snow peas and red peppers until they brighten – about a minute, then add basil and/or cilantro, and bean sprouts if using. Turn off heat and serve immediately.