Looking for something delectable to wow your co-workers at the office holiday party? A quick appy to whip up for that potluck you forgot about? Or a healthy treat to fuel you through holiday shopping, gift wrapping, and beyond? This holiday recipe fits the bill, healthfully, whatever the occasion.
Spiced Sacha Inchi Crinkle Cookies
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Flora Sacha Inchi Oil (US/CA)
- 1/2 cup fancy molasses
- 1 egg (or a flax ‘egg’)
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. each baking powder and baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Heat oven to 325 °F (160 °C).
- In large bowl, whisk brown sugar, oil, molasses, and egg until smooth.
- Separately, whisk dry ingredients.
- TIP: To spice things up, add 1/3 cup crystallized ginger pieces.
- Stir into sugar mixture.
- Roll into balls (1 tbsp. each).
- TIP: Roll the balls in white sugar for added sparkle.
- Place 2 inches (5 cm) apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, and put on top and bottom racks to bake until cookies spread out and tops crack, about 10 minutes.
- TIP: Switch and turn the pans after 5 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then transfer cookies to racks.
- Can be frozen for up to 1 month.
Inspired by the CBC’s Best Recipes Ever Molasses Ginger Crinkle Cookies.