Let them BEET cake, I’ve got something better. These gut friendly red beet cups have got me movin’ and groovin’ to the sound of….beets! You better believe these are good for you, gut lovin’ treats…with NO food coloring!
Red Beet Chocolate Cups Recipe
- 1 large ripe banana (1 cup sliced)
- 1 tsp. Red Beet Crystals
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tsp. Vital Proteins grass-fed gelatin
- Chocolate of choice for coating
- In a small blender, puree banana.
- Next add Red Beet Crystals, 1/4 hot water, and Vital Proteins gelatin and blend again. Place puree in fridge while melting chocolate.
- Once chocolate is melted, pour a little into cupcake liners (I used silicone, they work great!) for the base and place in freezer for chocolate to harden.
- Remove cupcake liners from freezer and dollop a little of your beet puree in the center of each (be sure the puree doesn't touch the sides) then pour in the remaining chocolate and place back in freezer or fridge until chocolate has solidified.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat!
About the author: Bethany Ugarte @lilsipper
Bethany is a recipe developer with a huge following on Instagram. Vegan? Paleo? Gluten-free? Sugar-free? She’s got it all! Offering original creations and recipes – not seen anywhere else – thought up all by herself!