Not excited about cooking beets the morning before a big run? No fear! The No-Bake Red Beet Energy Balls below, made with Salus Red Beet Crystals, provide the benefits of red beets and performance-enhancing EFAs, but come together in minutes, and keep in the fridge for up to a week when stored in an airtight container!
No-Bake Energy Balls
- 1 cup small seeds such as sesame, flax, or hemp
- 2 Tbsp. Udo’s Choice Green Blend
- 4 Tbsp. Salus Red Beet Crystals
- 1 cup nut butter (or nuts of your choice to grind into a thick paste)
- 2 Tbsp. Udo’s Oil Omega 3+6+9 Blend
- Manuka Honey, to taste
- Coconut shreds, cocoa or more hemp hearts/sesame - for rolling
- Pulse seeds for about 2 minutes in grinder or food processor. Put them in a large bowl with green blend and beet crystals. Stir everything until mixed. If making your own nut butter, add nuts to food processor for about 3 minutes or until a paste forms. Blend dry ingredients and nut butter in the processor or by hand until blended, 2-3 minutes should do. Add Udo’s Oil a little at a time and continue to blend. At this point, the mixture should come together.
- Check the texture and try to form it into balls. The taste may be pretty rich.
- If it is too crumbly, blend longer or add more oil, or some Manuka Honey to taste. Make sure not to add too much or they will be too oily or sticky to the touch. Beet crystals add sweet and salty flavor, greens add earthy bitterness if you make them too sweet. Once the taste is balanced, form into balls and roll balls in finely shredded coconut, hemp hearts, sesame seeds, or cocoa powder. Place in a parchment-lined container and refrigerate.