Is there anything more intoxicating than the smell of melted chocolate? While it tastes divine, chocolate’s rich antioxidant and nutrient content in this face mask are amazing for skin showing the effects of aging or UV damage. The mānuka honey will draw moisture into your skin while leaving it supple, radiant and more elastic.
For more information on how manuka honey benefits the skin, see our first post in the series.
DIY FACE MASK # 5: MĀNUKA HONEY +DARK CHOCOLATE MASK
(For Dry or Aging Skin)
- 1 tablespoon Flora Mānuka Honey MGO 250+/10+ UMF or higher
- 1 ounce of dark chocolate, melted or 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Mix honey and chocolate together.
- With a brush or mask applicator, have fun painting the mask onto your skin.
- Let the mask sit for 20-30 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
Another benefit of this mask is aromatherapeutic and stress-relieving effects as you relax while inhaling the scent of melted chocolate. Enjoy!
Our final DIY face mask recipe of the series is coming next week. Stay tuned! In the meantime, the others are linked below.
- Mānuka Honey Mask (All Skin Types)
- Mānuka Honey + Cinnamon + Turmeric Mask (For Acne-Prone Skin, Dull Skin And/Or Dark Spots)
- Mānuka Honey + Matcha + Aloe+ Oatmeal Mask (Sensitive or Aging Skin)
- Mānuka Honey + Spirulina Mask (All Skin Types)