When your garden herbs are growing like crazy, use them in this rich and satisfying, healthy green dressing. It makes a spoon-stands-up-in-it-thick sauce that works best on power bowls, Buddha bowls, and hearty salads or tossed into a pasta salad.
Our Mediterranean bowl was made with a tarragon-based sauce, but basil would make a good alternative. Pair the herbs in the sauce with the bowl: Indonesian, Thai, or Vietnamese street-food style bowls may pair well with sweet basil or anise-y chervil, while southern bowls with beans and sweet potatoes might like cilantro and parsley. Experiment and have fun!
- 2 cups mixed garden herbs (tarragon, flat or curly parsley, sage, basil, etc.)
- ½ cup chives, snipped (or chopped green onion or shallot)
- ½ cup Udo’s Oil 3-6-9 Blend
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 anchovy fillets *
- 2 tsp capers*
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Rinse and roughly chop herbs, then add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in a little more liquid as required until dressing reaches desired consistency.
*If you don’t like or don’t have anchovies or capers, try soy sauce, tamari, or fish sauce to bump up the umami flavor, or simply use salt. Taste and adjust.