A friend of mine made some cozy butternut squash soup for our dinner party the other night. It was so delicious, I knew I had to give it a go. Plus, I’ll take any excuse to whip out my Vitamix. This recipe is 100 percent foolproof!
Cozy Butternut Squash Soup
I drizzled tahini and sprinkled roasted pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and red pepper flakes for a crunch and a kick.
The squash can be cut into larger pieces, but 1-inch cubes roast faster and are ideal for using in a blender! I also do not remove the skin, it’s full of nutrients, I can’t handle the hassle, and my Vitamix can destroy anything.
I like my soup thick.. add more broth for a thinner consistency!
- 1 butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tbsp Flora Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 c red onion, chopped and lightly sauteed in extra virgin olive oil to cut the bitterness
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 3 c vegetable broth
- Arrange squash cubes on a greased baking sheet and drizzle with Flora olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes at 400*.
- Let squash cool, then add to blender with remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and hot temperature or move to stove top to heat.
- Sprinkle with toppings and serve!
Rebecca Yaker is an energetic health and life enthusiast located in sunny Central Florida who is passionate about sharing her balanced lifestyle with others. She loves connecting with and inspiring her community with easy recipes like this one.