Machine Operator APPLY NOW
Lynden, WA, US
The responsibility of the Machine Operator is to operate machines to achieve required production requirements, while maintaining a clean and safe work environment, as well as, following company policies and procedures.
- Actively participate to maintain product quality and food safety program practices including: QA/QC, GMP, SOPs, OHSA and other pertinent policies, procedures and legislation
- Understand and apply health and safety program practices including safe lifting, lock-out/tag-out, incident prevention and personal safety practices.
- Operate line equipment according to operating procedures in order to achieve the daily output target for the line.
- Perform pre-operational quality, sanitation, and preventative maintenance and safety checks before starting a production line.
- Perform basic mechanical service on equipment as needed.
- May provide work direction to temporary staff on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain a clean work environment, including all packing and related equipment/tools, as outlined in the Sanitation procedure.
- Co-ordinate, with Material Handlers, the staging of packaging materials needed for a product run as well as materials needed for a change over.
- Communicate information about production or equipment problems with Production Supervisor and Maintenance staff.
- Make adjustments to machine according to specifications.
- Maintain strict net contents control, packaging seal integrity and correct label information.
- Must pass company administered skilled competencies test, currently Mechanical, Following Instructions and Numerical. This test will change from time to time as standards and job responsibilities evolve.
- 3 years’ experience in food processing or related industry considered an asset.
- Knowledge of health and safety practices and food safety procedures.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ensure completion with minimal errors
- Ability to assess and promptly rectify non-standard situations and/or issues
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Food/dietary supplement manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience with quality control and performance goals
- Experience working in a fast-paced working environment
- Dependable with a good attendance record
May require working occasional overtime-flexibility of schedule as needed with short notice. Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Ability to work in a refrigerated environment
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, reach overhead, bend, and stoop throughout the workday.The employee must regularly lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of health and safety practices and food safety procedures
- Effective communication with others through the written word, as well as, verbally
- Basic math skills; able to add, subtract, and divide
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy, looking consistently for potential food safety or quality deviations
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Personal Days, Holidays
- 401k Plan
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectation to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|||Lynden, WA, US|||||||||TM1U1gvxFxHCJLTb|||OTHER|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false
APPLICATION FORM * Required