There’s something inherently magical about this light and bright dish. We eat with all of our senses, not just taste! And this salad gives our eyes a treat before dazzling our taste buds too!
Pink Chickpea Salad
- 1 14oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ½ cup fresh mixed herbs
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- Juice of one orange
- 2 tbsp Red Beet Crystals
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Add chickpeas, celery, red onion and herbs to a salad bowl.
- In another small bowl, add dressing ingredients and use a whisk to mix together. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- To the chickpea mixture, add dressing and mix thoroughly with salad tongs.
- Serve by itself or on top of salad greens. Enjoy!
Lindsay Young @eatyoungnutrition is a nutritionist and lover of food from around the world. She’s passionate about making healthy, home cooked food accessible and approachable for everyone. She hosts workshops in her home town, Kelowna, sees clients and works as a recipe developer and food photographer.