If you’ve never tried Gandalf Organic Chlorella (CA), I’m giving you two very good reasons to do so now!
Number one, it covers so many of the bases when it comes to gentle detoxification (see my previous Instagram post or my blog post).
Number two, I’ve gone through the trial and error of creating this chlorella detox granola so you can make it this weekend.
Here’s the recipe:
Detox Morning Granola
*Omit almonds for a nut-free version.
**Omit honey and bee pollen for a vegan option. Maple syrup is a good substitution for honey.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp raw almonds*
- 1/2 cup dried golden berries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp Gandalf Organic Chlorella powder
- 2 tbsp bee pollen**
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup coconut manna
- 2 tbsp honey**
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, golden berries, Gandalf Chlorella powder, coconut shreds and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine coconut manna, honey and vanilla, and stir. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and use your hands or a spatula to evenly incorporate.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with ghee or coconut oil. Disperse the granola mix on the baking sheet in a thin, even layer. Depending on the size of your baking sheet, you may need to separate the mix into two parts.
- Bake for 7 - 10 minutes on the middle rack.
- When the granola comes out of the oven, stir it around to prevent the bottom from burning. Let it cool before incorporating the bee pollen. Pour it into a sealed glass jar and store at room temperature.
Lindsey Young is a registered holistic nutritionist, advocate for intuitive eating, and functional food recipe creator. For more delicious recipes, follow her on Instagram @eatyoungnutrition and visit EatYoungNutrition.com