Keto Sugar Cookies with DF Peppermint Cream Cheese
* For a vegan version, substitute honey with maple syrup, monk fruit, or stevia to taste.
- 1/4 cup softened grass fed butter
- 1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 8 ounces dairy-free cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons Manuka Honey*
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pink: 1/4 teaspoon Salus Red Beet Crystals for every 1/4 cup frosting
- Green: 2 droppers full of chlorophyll (preferably mint flavored) for every 1/4 cup plain frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the butter and monk fruit sweetener until fully blended.
- Add vanilla, almond flour, and arrowroot flour and mix together until a dough forms. You can do this by hand or with a stand mixer.
- Feel free to create shapes using cookie cutters (I’d suggest chilling the dough for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator if you do this) or just make regular round cookies.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 11-13 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until fully combined. Refrigerate if not using immediately.
Click here for more information.
Adeline Waugh enjoys challenging the status quo by developing beautifully vibrant recipes using only the purest of real food ingredients. For more clean recipes, find her on Instagram @vibrantandpure and visit her website at VibrantAndPure.com.