I love the effect healthy fats have in a smoothie, to help keep my blood sugar levels even and my hunger at bay. Here’s a no-fail recipe to try:
- Two small handfuls of mild greens (baby spinach, mixed salad greens, sprouts)
- 15 mL Flora Organic MCT oil
- 1/2 medium avocado
- ½-1 inch fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp your favourite greens powder (matcha, chlorella, spirulina, Beyond Greens)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp honey (Use 1 tbsp monk fruit powder or a few drops of liquid stevia for vegan or keto)
- 5 ice cubes
Optional add ins:
- ¼ cup berries
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tbsp protein powder
- ½ tsp mushroom, turmeric, or maca powder or 1 scoop Red Beet Crystals
- Blend everything together until completely smooth and drink immediately.
- Drink slowly, chewing as you go.
Dana Green Remedios, RHN, RNCP, NNCP, is a Vancouver-based educator and coach. She is a regular contributor to the FloraHealthy blog and can answer your questions in English, French, and Spanish as a Product Information Specialist at Flora.