Last week I asked babe what he thought of my double chocolate chunk muffins.
He said “They’re good… I don’t taste the beets though.” There’s no pleasing him! Well, sorry they just taste like double chocolate chunk muffins but are packed with all the nutrition of Salus Red Beet Crystals!
Double Chocolate Chunk Muffins
- 3/4 c oat flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp Salus Red Beet Crystals (US/CA)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 c almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c chocolate chips ...or more
- Mix your dry ingredients in one bowl and start another for the wet
- In another bowl, mix up your wet ingredients, mashing your bananas
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet and mix to combine
- Add your chocolate chippys
- Spray 12-cup muffin tin with coconut oil or use liners—up to you!—and divide batter into each cup Bake at 350* for 22 minutes and enjoy the chocolatey goodness that is these muffins!
Rebecca Costa is an energetic health and life enthusiast located in sunny Central Florida who is passionate about sharing her balanced lifestyle with others. She loves connecting with and inspiring her community with easy recipes like this one. Follow her on Instagram @xxrlilly.