Apple-Pumpkin Smoothie with Turmeric & Udo’s Oil
- ½ c. pumpkin puree
- 1 whole apple
- 1 ½ c. almond milk
- 2 tbsp. Udo’s Oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh turmeric
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Cut one small pumpkin into quarters and scrape out seeds.
- Place pumpkin on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 350 *F for 45 minutes until fork-tender.
- Remove pieces from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Scrape pumpkin “meat” from skin and blend, adding a bit of water if needed for puree.
- Set aside ½ cup puree for the smoothie, and freeze or refrigerate the remaining puree.
- In a blender, mix all smoothie ingredients and serve.