This healthy strawberry smoothie is such a great breakfast to make on a slow morning. But, if you are in a hurry and still want to make it, I would suggest adding +1 cup to everything to make it totally drinkable for an on the go breakfast. Another thing you can do is put it in a container with a sealing lid and it travels really well since the smoothie is so thick! Believe me, I have brought one of these to work and eaten it at my desk!
The chia pudding is best when you give it time to gel. It will usually gel in about 10-15 minutes. But, if you don’t want to wait for that to happen in the morning, you can easily mix it up and store it in the fridge overnight.
- Whisk the chia seeds with the flax milk and Flora Manuka Honey. Allow to sit for ~15 minutes to gel. Or, make it the night before and store it in the fridge.
- Pour the chia pudding into your jar or glass.
- Top the chia pudding with the fresh strawberries and raspberries.
- Add the frozen strawberries, frozen banana, and Red Beet Crystals to a blender. Pulse until it is smooth and creamy. You may have to turn it off a few times to stir it.
- Add the smoothie on top of the fruit.
- Enjoy! (You can also put all of this in a bowl- it is just as tasty this way.. and probably less messy!)
Recipe by Rosemary Squires (@thehintofrosemary) a Registered Dietitian in upstate New York, focusing on holistic health and mindful eating. For more of Rosemary's recipes, visit https://www.thehintofrosemary.com/