We’re often asked: what should we eat while doing a cleanse?
Cleansing and detoxifying is an energy and nutrient intensive process. This is why we recommend you eat well and eat wisely when doing a cleanse. If you’ve kicked off the New Year with a cleanse or have committed to using Flor•Essence® regularly to support your overall health, it is important to include plenty of water throughout the day. The herbs in Flor•Essence® have diuretic properties so that you will urinate more. For a fresh twist on water, try this recipe for Herbal Sun Water, created by Holistic Nutritionist, Lindsay Young.
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 2 mint sprigs
- 2 tablespoons fresh holy basil (or 1 tablespoon dry)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon balm (or 2 tsp dry)
- 1 grapefruit, sliced into segments
- 1 lime, sliced thin
- Boil 6 cups of water.
- In a glass pitcher add herbs and fruit, squeezing slightly to release juices.
- Pour boiling water into the pitcher and let steep on your countertop until it reaches room temperature.
- Remove herbs and fruit, and discard.
- Refrigerated infusion and drink as you would water.
Lindsay Young@eatyoungnutrition is a nutritionist and lover of food from around the world. She’s passionate about making healthy, home cooked food accessible and approachable for everyone. She hosts workshops in her home town, Kelowna, sees clients and works as a recipe developer and food photographer.